Mark Twain Catalog
Other Mark Twain books that may be of interest:
- Eastman, Max Heroes I have known twelve who lived great lives Simon and Schuster New York 1942
by Max Eastman ... Introduction: Hero worship benign and diabolic.--The hero as parent: my most unforgettable character [Annis Ford Eastman]--The hero as agitator: a life portrait of Carlo Tresca.--Greek drama in Cleveland: the trial of Eugene Debs.--Heroism plus heroics: difficulties in worshiping Isadora Duncan.--Humor in goodness: the constitutional perfection of Art Young.--Mark Twain's Elmira: the influence of a great preacher [Thomas K. Beecher] and his parish.--France and her man of letters: an enthusiasm involving Anatole France.--Actor of one role: a character study of Charlie Chaplin.--Contribution to an apotheosis: John Reed and the Russian revolution.--Great in time of storm: the character and fate of Leon Trotsky.--Visit in Vienna: the crochety greatness of Sigmund Freud.--The hero as teacher: the life story of John Dewey.--Epilogue. 21 cm. xviii, 326 p., 1 l. front., ports. 21 cm. Dewey:920 Biography.
- Harte, Bret; Twain, Mark Bret Harte's Deadwood mystery and Mark Twain's Nightmare. Croome & co. London 1890; 189-
19 cm. 2 p. l., -164 p., 1 l., 167 p. illus. 19 cm.
- Hyatt, Edward.; Harte, Bret; Twain, Mark A Calaveras evening with Mark Twain and Bret Harte W. W. Shannon, supt. state printing, California Sacramento 1910
22 cm. cover-title, 8 p. 22 cm.
- Twain, Mark; Wecter, Dixon; Wood, Charles Erskine Scott Mark Twain in three moods three new items of Twainiana Friends of the Huntington Library San Marino 1948
edited by Dixon Wechter. "This edition consists of 1200 copies"--Verso of t.p.; Includes two texts by Twain, one by C.E.S. Wood.; LC has unnumbered copy, deposited for copyright. 21 cm. 32 p.,  leaf of plates port. 21 cm. Twain, Mark; Authors, American
- Untermeyer, Bryna Ivens; Untermeyer, Louis; Provensen, Alice; Provensen, Martin Legendary animals Golden Press New York 1963
edited and selected by Bryna and Louis Untermeyer. Illustrated by A. and M. Provensen [and others] A varied collection of animal tales, including fifteen fables from Aesop, selections from Lewis Carroll and Mark Twain, and stories by Ambrose Bierce and Joan Aiken. 27 cm. 152 p. illus. 27 cm. Dewey:808.8 v. 9 A varied collection of animal tales, including fifteen fables from Aesop, selections from Lewis Carroll and Mark Twain, and stories by Ambrose Bierce and Joan Aiken. Animals, Legends and stories of.; Animals; Short stories.; Fables.; Folklore. The Golden treasury of children's literature
- Twain, Mark, The higher animals :a Mark Twain bestiary Crowell, New York : 1976
160 p. : ill. ; 16 x 24 cm
edited by Maxwell Geismar ; drawings by Jean Claude Suar s