La Fontaine Catalog
Other La Fontaine books that may be of interest:
- Adams, Oscar Fay Dear Old story-teller, D. Lothrop Company Boston 1889
by Oscar Fay Adams Homer: tales and romances.--The Arabian nights.--Aesop.--Mother Goose.--Charles Perrault.--The brothers Grimm.--La Fontaine, the good.--Eduard Rene Lefebre Laboulaye.--Han Christian Andersen.--Daniel Defoe.--La Motte Fourqu´e, the valiant.--The author of "Paul and Virginia. 209 p. incl. front ports., facsim 19 cm Dewey:
- Goehr, Alexander; Kermode, Frank; Moore, Marianne; La Fontaine, Jean de; Shelton, Lucy.; Hulse, Eileen.; Leonard, Sarah.; Crayford, Marcia.; Nwanoku, Chi-Chi.; Brown, Ian; White, David; Wallace, John; Knussen, Oliver. Sing Ariel ; The mouse metamorphosed into a maid Unicorn-Kanchana Records London 1992; p1992
Alexander Goehr. The 1st work for principal soprano, 2 sopranos, and 5 instrumentalists; the 2nd for unaccompanied voice.; English words; text of the 1st work compiled by Frank Kermode from various sources; text of the 2nd work by Marianne Moore, after La Fontaine.; Lucy Shelton, soprano ; with (1st work): Eileen Hulse, Sarah Leonard, sopranos ; Marcia Crayford, violin/viola ; Chi-Chi Nwanoku, double bass ; Ian Brown, piano ; David White, tenor saxophone/bass clarinet ; John Wallace, trumpet ; Oliver Knussen, conductor.; Recorded in All Saints Church, Petersham, Dec. 9-10, 1991.; Compact disc.; Notes by Robin Holloway, with French and German translations, and vocal texts (15 p. : port.) inserted in container.; Durations: ca. 52:00; 13:29. 4 3/4 in. 1 sound disc (66 min.) digital, stereo. 4 3/4 in. Vocal trios with instrumental ensemble.; Songs, Unaccompanied.; Moore, Marianne
- Goehr, Alexander; Moore, Marianne; La Fontaine, Jean de The mouse metamorphosed into a maid for unaccompanied voice = für Stimme ohne Begleitung : op. 54 Schott Mainz New York 1993; c1993
Alexander Goehr. English words by Marianne Moore, after a fable of La Fontaine; also printed as text preceding score.; Includes single-stave keyboard accomp., for rehearsal only.; Duration: 13:00. 31 cm. 1 score (14 p.) 31 cm. Moore, Marianne; Songs (High voice), Unaccompanied.
- La Fontaine, Jean de; Auslander, Joseph; Le Clercq, Jacques; Ruzicka, Rudolph; Updike, Daniel Berkeley; Limited Editions Club Auslander, Joseph; Le Clercq, Jacques The fables of Jean de La Fontaine Limited Editions Club; Merrymount Press New York 1930
newly translated into English verse by Joseph Auslander and Jacques Le Clercq, with title-page and decorations engraved on copper by Rudolph Ruzicka. Illustrated half-titles.; "Books I-VI translated by Joseph Auslander. Books VII-XII translated by Jacques Le Clercq."; Limited ed. of 1500 copies, signed by the illustrator.; "Printed ... by D.B. Updike, the Merrymount Press, Boston."; Issued together in a slipcase. 23 cm. 2 v. illus. 23 cm. Dewey:841.45 Fables, French
- La Fontaine, Jean de; Moore, Marianne The fables of La Fontaine. Viking Press New York 1964
Translated by Marianne Moore. "Marianne Moore has revised her translations of a number of the fables ... for this new edition."; Translator's presentation copy to the Bollingen Foundation.; Translated into English verse. 20 cm. x, 338 p. 20 cm. Dewey:841/.4 Fables, French
- La Fontaine, Jean de; Moore, Marianne Moore, Marianne The fables of La Fontaine Viking Press New York 1954
translated by Marianne Moore. 25 cm. x, 342 p. port. 25 cm. Dewey:841.45 Fables, French.